- Name: EdCurrent
- Expert testimony on Congress,Courts & Constituiton
- Christian Patriots For Life
- Treowth In Times Of Madness
- Library of Pro-Life Literature
- Libertarians for Life Literature List
- Expert Testimony on Article 3
- The Moral Question of Abortion, Dr. Stephen Schwarz
- Government by Judiciary: The Transformation of the 14th Amendment Second Ed., Raoul Berger
- Michael S. Paulsen, Briggs & Morgan Professor of Law
- William J. Quirk,Professor of Law
- John Eidsmoe, Professor of Law
- Lino A Graglia, A. Dalton Cross Professor of Law
- Vision Forum
- Congressman Ron Paul of Texas
- The Liberty Committee
- Herbert W. Titus
- Institute on the Constitution
- Between Two Holocausts
- Worldview Chart
- Religion and the Founding of the American Republic(Library of Congress Exhibition)
- Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity
- Vindicating the Founders
- NET Bible
We the People Act(HR 3893 IH)March 4, 2004 To limit the jurisdiction of the Federal courts, and for other purposes. Mr. PAUL (for himself and Mr. BARTLETT of Maryland) introduced the bill in the 108th Congress and needs to be introduced in the 109th Congress.
Friday, January 28
Why Can't Christians Agree With The Apostle Paul, And Jefferson On The Fundamental Purposes Of Government?
Why Can't Christians Agree With The Apostle Paul, And Jefferson On The Fundamental Purposes Of Government?
Christians, of all people, should know the difference between good and evil. They should know that the fundamental purpose of government, as described in Romans 13, is expounded upon in the Declaration of Independence, and Preamble of the U.S. Constitution. They should know the difference between politicians who use religious (2 Tim 3:1-5), and pro-life rhetoric to get elected, and those who really are pro-life, and pro-Constitution. It should go without saying, that voting should be based on the commands of the Creator who granted those inalienable rights, and revealed those self-evident truths.
ROMANS 2:13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) 16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Romans 2:14 & 15 refers to those who didn't have the law of Moses in written form, but did have some vestige of the moral law in their hearts. The law written on their hearts when combined with reason was sufficient to guide their actions, and their conscience judged their compliance. Those without the written revelation and those rejecting the written revelation know the vast difference between good and evil. One of the major objections atheists have against the existence of a good God is the presence of pervasive evil. How do they know what evil is without knowing what good is? Devoutly secular nations based upon the atheology of communism have laws derived from second half of the Jewish, and Christian Decalogue governing human relations. Covetousness prohibited by the Tenth Commandment can be punishable under criminal conspiracy laws, if the covetousness leads to actions that would constitute a crime when committed.
ROMANS 12:9"….Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. 14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil….19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink…. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."
Christians have the "work of the law written in their hearts," and accept the written record of Moses. Christians should know the difference between good and evil. God is far more capable than any human of repaying evil, and has many means of doing so. He takes the burden of personal vengeance from Christians, and in some cases places that burden on government, as the 13th chapter of Romans reveals. John Locke in his Second Treatise Of Government recognized that a community of people were far better able to protect their "life, liberty and property" by consenting to government formed for those purposes rather than living in a state of anarchy.
ROMANS 13:1 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."
Romans 13:1 includes the governing officials themselves when it states "every soul." Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament  contains some notes that help clarify this verse. "Every soul….As in…. (every man). To the higher powers…. Abstract for concrete. See Mark 2:10…. Huperecw is an old verb to have or hold over, to be above or supreme, as in 1 Peter 2:13."
"Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; 2:14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. 2:15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:"
The "rulers" are "ordained" "ministers of God" to be a "terror to evil" by "executing wrath upon those that do evil." In verses 3, and 4 of Romans 13 the terms ‘good,’ and ‘evil’ are used three times. Verse 9 describes "evil" by repeating the second half of the Decalogue found in Exodus 20:13-17, and Deuteronomy 5:17-21. The latter part of verse 9, and verse 10 describes "good." Is murder good, or evil? Genesis 9:6 "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man." If murder is evil, then mass murder isn’t good. Proverbs 6:16-17 "These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him...hands that shed innocent blood…." Why do Christians vote for politicians who claim that America isn’t ready to discard the law-breaking opinion of Roe, when thirty states are ready to? Are these pro-life states not part of America? Why do Christians praise, and vote for politicians who claim that Roe v Wade is "settled law;" when there is nothing lawful, or Biblical about that unconstitutional opinion? The words of Amos need to be repeatedly repeated in our Christianized, but lawless culture: Amos 5:14,15 "Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD,the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken. Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate…."
Some federal judges, and politicians act as though they are above the law once they take office; but Paul is not arguing for the divine right kings, or the divine right of a federal judicial oligarchy. The "higher power" in the United States is the Constitution. Article 6, Paragraph 2 states,"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof…shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby…." The majority opinion of a federal court isn’t listed here, or anywhere else in the Constitution, as being equivalent with, or superior to the written Constitution. Congress is the law making branch, not the federal courts! In paragraph 3 we find, "The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution…." Additionally, the President is held to an even higher standard in Article 2, Section 1: "…he shall take the following oath or affirmation:-- ""…I…will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."" Section 3 states that the President "shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed." Nowhere does the Constitution state that he shall take care that "federal court orders" be faithfully executed.
No one is bound to support the unconstitutional majority opinions emanating from federal courts! Their decisions are confined to the parties involved according to the specifics of the particular case. Law by definition is a rule binding on people generally, not just upon individuals who happen to be parties to a case. Congress and state legislatures are the law making branches, not the federal courts. Federal courts have no authority to break laws made "in Pursuance" of the Constitution.
Not only did God ordain the written Constitution, but so did the people as stated in the Preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to…establish justice…secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." Amendment V expounds upon our posterity. "No person shall be...deprived of life...without due process of law...." The Foundation for the National Archives states that, "The Virginia Declaration of Rights strongly influenced Thomas Jefferson in writing the first part of the Declaration of Independence. It later provided the foundation for the Bill of Rights." The Virginia Declaration of Rights states, " That all men are by nature equally free and independent, and have certain inherent rights, of which, when they enter into a state of society, they cannot, by any compact, deprive or divest their posterity; namely, the enjoyment of life…."
Adam Clarke's Commentary on Romans 13:1 describes the relationship between the rulers, the ruled, and the rule of law:
"In all nations of the earth there is what may be called a constitution-a plan by which a particular country or state is governed…. The civil governor, whether he be elective or hereditary, agrees to govern according to that constitution. Thus we may consider that there is a compact and consent between the governor and the governed, and in such a case, the potentate may be considered as coming to the supreme authority in the direct way of God's providence; and as civil government is of God, who is the fountain of law, order, and regularity, the civil governor, who administers the laws of a state according to its constitution, is the minister of God.
Nothing can justify the opposition of the subjects to the ruler but overt attempts on his part to change the constitution, or to rule contrary to law.
When the ruler acts thus he dissolves the compact between him and his people; his authority is no longer binding, because illegal; and it is illegal because he is acting contrary to the laws of that constitution, according to which, on being raised to the supreme power, he promised to govern. This conduct justifies opposition to his government…."
James Madison, in Federalist #51, recognized that government must be based upon a realistic view of human nature:
"But what is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself."
And in Federalist #55, Madison states that republican government promotes good and restrains evil (Jeremiah 17:9) better than any other form:
"As there is a degree of depravity in mankind which requires a certain degree of circumspection and distrust, so there are other qualities in human nature, which justify a certain portion of esteem and confidence. Republican government presupposes the existence of these qualities in a higher degree than any other form."
It is no surprise to find that "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government…." in Article 4, Section 4 of the Constitution. Chief Justice Marshall in Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137 (1803) described the major distinguishing feature of a republic: "The government of the United States has been emphatically termed a government of laws, and not of men."
At the close of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia on September 18, 1787, Benjamin Franklin responded to a question about what form of government they had agreed to. His answer was; "A republic if you can keep it." We haven’t kept it! The republic of the United States has degenerated into a United State ruled by law-breaking men in the federal courts, and politicians whose state of ignorance is only equaled by their acts of cowardice, and lust for power.
In 2002 the Republican Congress, and President gave $60 million in taxpayer dollars to Planned Parenthood through Title X federal family-planning grants! The GOP Congress, and President in defiance of; 1)the "law written on their hearts;" 2) reason; 3) conscience; 4) the fundamental purpose of government stated in the Declaration of Independence, and Romans 13; 5) the Preamble of the Constitution, and the Fifth Amendment have been funding surgical abortions, chemical abortions, and the nation's largest perpetrators of child-murder-by-abortion, Planned Parenthood via Medicaid. What in the name of the risen Son Of God who suffered and died for our transgressions are Christians doing voting for those people? There is no justification for Christians to vote for those who exist to transgress the rule of law, and suppress the truth in their unrighteous acts (Rom.1:18).
Untermensch, sub-human, or under-men was the dehumanizing label assigned to people regarded by the Nazis as so inferior that they were not human beings at all. It is worth noting that Nietzsche's Overman, or super-human was to overcome the traditional ethicist and create a new morality, by the triumph of will over conscience. The Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal convicted ten Nazi leaders for "encouraging and compelling abortions," an act which the Tribunal characterized as "a crime against humanity." As with their other crimes against humanity, the Nazis protested that "we were just following orders." Lieutenant General Richard Hildebrandt, the SS (Schutzstaffel) Chief of the RKFVD's Race and Settlement Office in Berlin, stated that "Up to now nobody had the idea to see in this interruption of pregnancy a crime against humanity." The following excerpt from abortion survivor, Gianna Jessen, in her testimony before the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, July 20, 2000 describes what it is like to be born in a country with no regard for the rule of law, and is morally indistinguishable from Nazi Germany:
"I would like to say thank you for the opportunity to speak today. I count it no small thing to speak the truth. I depend solely on the grace of God to do this. I am 23 years old. I was aborted and I did not die. My biological mother was 7 months pregnant when she went to Planned Parenthood in southern California and they advised her to have a late-term saline abortion.
A saline abortion is a solution of salt saline that is injected into the mother’s womb. The baby then gulps the solution, it burns the baby inside and out and then the mother is to deliver a dead baby within 24 hours.
This happened to me! I remained in the solution for approximately 18 hours and was delivered ALIVE on April 6, 1977 at 6:00 am in a California abortion clinic. There were young women in the room who had already been given their injections and were waiting to deliver dead babies. When they saw me they experienced the horror of murder. A nurse called an ambulance, while the abortionist was not yet on duty, and had me transferred to the hospital. I weighed a mere two pounds. I was saved by the sheer power of Jesus Christ.
Ladies and gentleman I should be blind, burned.....I should be dead! And yet, I live! Due to a lack of oxygen supply during the abortion I live with cerebral palsy. [...] Adolph Hitler once said: ""The receptive ability of the great masses is only very limited, their understanding is small; on the other hand their forgetfulness is great. This being so, all effective propaganda should be limited to a very few points which in turn, should be used as slogans until the very last man is able to imagine what is meant by such words."" Today's slogans are: ""a woman's right to choose"" and "freedom of choice,"" etcetera.
There was once a man speaking from hell, recorded in Luke 16, who said, ""I am tormented in this flame."" Hell is real and so is Satan, and the same hatred that crucified Jesus Christ 2,000 years ago, still resides in the hearts of sinful people today. Why do you think this whole room trembles when I mention Jesus Christ? It is because He is real, and He is able to give the grace for repentance that we need as Americans. We are proud and boastful and we kill without shame."
It cannot be overstated that Christians should not vote for those who subsidize "crimes against humanity!" It cannot be repeated enough that unconscionable slogans should not be allowed to subvert the rule of law. There was a time in this nation’s history when patriots would rather part with life, and limb than part with "We hold the truths to be self-evident…" There was a time in history when preachers would rather part with their life, than deny the plainly written commands of God, but the time has come in this nation when preachers in large denominations denounce those in government who uphold the rule of law as plainly stated in the "supreme Law of the Land."
The plainly written language of the First, and Tenth Amendments refutes the myth that Roy Moore violated the U.S. Constitution. The First Amendment states,"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof…." Roy Moore has never been a member of Congress, and the Ten Commandments monument was never introduced in the U.S. Congress as a bill "respecting an establishment of religion." The first rule of statutory construction is to give a statute its plain meaning; if the meaning is clear, then there is nothing to construe! The fact that entire books have been written explaining the plain meaning of those sixteen words in First Amendment indicates that the problem they seek to solve is far worse than mere illiteracy. Children can be taught to comprehend what they read, but men convinced against their ungodly rebellious will are of the same unconstitutional opinion still.
Many think that the Tenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution has been repealed. That myth was refuted by Justice Clarence Thomas in US Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton, 514 US 779 (1995)," ….where the Constitution is silent about the exercise of a particular power - that is, where the Constitution does not speak either expressly or by necessary implication - the Federal Government lacks that power and the States enjoy it."
The federal judge who unlawfully ordered the Chief Justice of Alabama, Roy Moore, to remove the Ten Commandments monument violated the U.S. Constitution ordained by the People, and rebelled against the "ordinance of God." A raw recruit in the military can’t be prosecuted under the Uniform Code of Military Justice for failing to obey an unlawful order, but the Chief Justice of Alabama was removed from office for failing to obey an unlawful order from a rebellious federal judge. A national CNN-USA Today-Gallup poll indicated that 77% disapproved of Thompson's order to remove the monument. The U.S. House of Representatives, in July 2003, overwhelmingly adopted John N. Hostettler's amendment to the Commerce Justice, State and Judiciary Appropriations bill forbidding the expenditure of federal tax dollars to enforce the opinion of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Glassroth v. Moore. The President should have announced that the unlawful order wouldn't be enforced, while the U.S. House commenced impeachment proceedings against U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson.
Why didn't it happen? The President has been in the habit of rewarding the evil of abortion with tax money. What would prevent him from punishing good behavior? Abortion clearly violates one of those commandments - "Thou shall not murder." Every state has laws against homicide, and thirty states recognize the unlawful killing of an unborn child as homicide in at least some circumstances, but the President, by enforcing Roe, and Congress, by failing to pass We the People Act, are just as determined as any abortionist to prevent thirty states from enforcing laws that defy the unconstitutional majority opinion in Roe v Wade and progeny. Edgar Lee Masters claimed that Lincoln "argued that the Dred Scott decision was the result of a conspiracy on the part of the slavocracy to nationalize slavery," The testimony of Douglas W. Kmiec Professor Of Constitutional Law before Congress demonstrated that Roe v Wade was a conspiracy on the part of the abortocracy to nationalize abortion by " Justice Blackmun's own admission, the holding in Roe is more ""arbitrary"" preference than constitutional interpretation." Dr. Bernard Nathanson, 1969 co-founder of the National Association for the Repeal of the Abortion Laws, corroborates that conclusion. "A truthful poll of opinion then would have found that most Americans were against permissive abortion. Yet within five years we had convinced the Supreme Court to issue the decision which legalized abortion throughout America in 1973 and produced virtual abortion on demand up to birth."
Is it possible that many of these politicians, claiming to be Christian, can’t remember the difference between good and evil, and despise being reminded by the second half of the Decalogue? That reminder would force them to confront the fundamental purpose of government as expressed in Romans 13, and the Declaration of Independence which states, " WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men…are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life…. That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted…." Let those who are determined to forget, recall that Psa 9:17 states, "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." At the beginning of his Templeton Address, Solzhenitsyn made that point. "Over half a century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of older people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia. Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened."
Why do Christians repeatedly vote for politicians who minimize (Rom 1:28 or 2ndTimothy 3:5) the difference between good and evil, and who can't recognize a self-evident truth as fundamental as the right to life that government is to secure by punishing those who murder? It is one thing for a politician, blinded by might, to fail to see the difference between right and wrong, but quite another for Christian conservative leaders and preachers to repeat their error. Those who denounced Chief Justice Roy Moore for defying an unlawful order should heed the warning of Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
Chapters 2 and 13 of Romans mention the word conscience. An article in the September, 2003 issue of Touchstone, "The Nightmares of Choice" speaks to those who still have a conscience:
""I have fetus dreams, we all do here: dreams of abortions one after the other; of buckets of blood splashed on the walls; trees full of crawling fetuses,"" reported Sallie Tisdale of her time as a nurse in an abortion facility. Writing in Harper's magazine, she told of dreaming that two men grabbed her and dragged her away: ""Let's do an abortion,"" they said with a sickening leer, and I began to scream, plunged into a vision of sucking, scraping pain, of being spread and torn by impartial instruments that do only what they are bidden. I woke from this dream barely able to breathe and thought of kitchen tables and coat hangers, knitting needles striped with blood, and women all alone clutching a pillow in their teeth to keep the screams from piercing the apartment-house walls."
When politicians and federal judges rebel against the written Constitution, they are also resisting the ordinance of God. Preachers and Christian conservative leaders shouldn't follow them in their rebellion, and trample underfoot those in government who submit to the ordinance, and commandments of God. The first four Commandments reveal the existence of Higher Authority and Higher Law than the state. The preachers, politicians, and pundits leading the people to reject the rule of law revealed by the Most High God are inviting the rule of men. History reveals it is an invitation that tyranny cannot refuse, and will eagerly hasten to accept.
Many in government may praise the rebellious preachers who resist the ordinance of God, but that praise is only temporary. Those who joined the rebellions of Myron Thompson, and Roe will have to defend their words, and actions before the Supreme Judge of World, as Jefferson described Him in the closing lines of the Declaration of Independence. He will have the final say, and no temporary earthly praise, or position will overrule His eternal condemnation.
The Constitution Party is "working to restore our government to its Constitutional limits and our law to its Biblical foundation." If America is going to be restored to the rule of law, and have the future its Founders intended, Christians are going to have to distinguish the difference between good and evil. Christians are going to have to vote for those who will adhere to the rule of law, and Constitution; and not vote for those who make some nebulous reference to God with the sole intent of deceiving for political gain, as most of the Republican and Democrat politicians do.
If America has any hope of ever becoming "One Nation Under God…with liberty and justice for all," Christians must stop allowing federal courts to separate God from government. According to Rabbi Daniel Lapin, "Those of us who venerate freedom, be we Jewish or Christian, be we religious or secularized, have no option but to pray for the health of Christianity in America. No other group possesses both the faith and the numbers sufficient to hold back the ever-encroaching, sometimes sinister, power of the state."
According to the U.S. Bureau of the Census, the resident population of the United States, projected to 01/28/05 is 295 million. Total US adult population (age 18 & over) 220 million. A Gallup Poll conducted November 7-10, 2004 found that; "A third of adults, aged 18 and older are biblical literalists who believe that the Bible is the actual word of God and is to be taken literally, word for word." 73 million adult Americans believe that the Bible is the actual word of God and is to be taken literally, word for word. 120 million out of 204 million eligible to vote, cast a ballot for president in the 2004 election. America has a minimum of 57 million voters who believe that the Bible is to be taken literally, word for word. Rabbi Daniel Lapin's assessment is correct. Christians need to realize that they have the numbers to restore the rule of law, but they lack the faith to do so. As long as they have more fear of Democrats than faith in God, the Republicans will continue to take advantage of them by running on the GOP platform to get elected, and then run away from it once in office.
- The Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament, Copyright © Broadman Press 1932,33, Renewal 1960. http://bible.crosswalk.com/Commentaries/RobertsonsWordPictures/rwp.cgi?book=ro&chapter=013&verse=001&next=002&prev=014
- "If Dred Scott Wasn't The ""Settled Law of the Land,"" Neither is Roe," January 19, 2001, Republican National Coalition for Life http://www.rnclife.org/faxnotes/2001/jan01/01-01-19.html
- "Report: 30 States Ready to Outlaw Abortion, Tuesday," October 05, 2004, FOXNews.com http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134530,00.html ."The State-by-State Consequences of Overturning Roe v. Wade," September 2004, The Center for Reproductive Rights http://www.crlp.org/crt_roe.html, http://www.crlp.org/pub_bo_whatifroefell.html
- Roe V. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973) Rehnquist dissent: "To reach its result, the Court necessarily has had to find within the scope of the Fourteenth Amendment a right that was apparently completely unknown to the drafters of the Amendment. There apparently was no question concerning the validity of this provision or of any of the other state statutes when the Fourteenth Amendment was adopted. The only conclusion possible from this history is that the drafters did not intend to have the Fourteenth Amendment withdraw from the States the power to legislate with respect to this matter." caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=410&invol=113
- The Foundation for the National Archives http://www.archives.gov/national_archives_experience/charters/declaration.html
- The Foundation for the National Archives, The Virginia Declaration of Rights, see Section 1 http://www.archives.gov/national_archives_experience/charters/virginia_declaration_of_rights.html
- "Adam Clarke's Commentary" on Romans 13:1, GodRules.net. http://www.godrules.net/library/clarke/clarkerom13.htm
- The Avalon Project : Federalist No 51, The Avalon Project at Yale Law School http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/federal/fed51.htm
- The Avalon Project : Federalist No 55, The Avalon Project at Yale Law School http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/federal/fed55.htm
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137 (1803) , FindLaw http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?navby=case&court=us&vol=5&page=137
- "A Republic, If You Can Keep It." As cited by Hon.Ron Paul of Texas, January 31 & February 2, 2000, U.S. House of Representatives. http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2000/cr020200.htm
- "Bush AIDS Policy Collides with Mexico City," March 7, 2003, Republican National Coalition for Life http://www.rnclife.org/faxnotes/2003/mar03/03-03-07.shtml
- "Bush's abortion funding," October 9, 2004, The Covenant News, Steve Lefemine http://www.covenantnews.com/lefemine041011.htm
- "Thus spake Zarathustra,"Friedrich Nietzsche, Introduction By Mrs Forster-Nietzsche. How Zarathustra Came Into Being. Nietzsche Archives, Weimar, December 1905. "Am I understood?...The overcoming of morality through itself-through truthfulness, the overcoming of the moralist through his opposite-THROUGH ME-: that is what the name Zarathustra means in my mouth." http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/n/n67a/part1.html
- Nuremberg Military Tribunals,IV:1081-84. Nuremberg: NO-3512.
- Born-Alive Infants Protection Act Of 2000, Statement Of Gianna Jessen, July 20, 2000 Franklin, TN http://commdocs.house.gov/committees/judiciary/hju67226.000/hju67226_0.HTM#54
- "Separation of Church and State," Philip Hamburger, Harvard University Press, 2002 http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog/HAMSEP.html, "Thomas Jefferson and the Wall of Separation Between Church and State," Daniel L. Dreisbach, July 2002, New York University Press http://btobsearch.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?btob=Y&BT=Y&pdf=y&isbn=081471935X "No Liberty for License: The Forgotten Logic of the First Amendment," David Lowenthal, Spence Publishing Company (October 15, 1997) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0965320847/qid=/sr=/ref=cm_lm_asin/002-3069269-8567232?v=glance "Present Dangers: Rediscovering the First Amendment," David Lowenthal, Harvey C. Mansfield, Publisher: Spence Publishing Company; 2nd Rev edition (February 1, 2003) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1890626473/qid=1106865364/sr=1-19/ref=sr_1_19/002-4048144-2625652?v=glance&s=books
- US Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton, 514 US 779 (1995), Justice Clarence Thomas dissent. http://supct.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/93-1456.ZD.html
- "Ten Commandments monument moved," CNN.com Law Center, Friday, November 14, 2003 Posted: 7:36 AM EST (1236 GMT) http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/08/27/ten.commandments/index.html
- Hostettler Amendments Prohibit Funds To Enforce Court Decisions Against Pledge, Ten Commandments, July 23, 2003, Office of United States Representative John N. Hostettler http://www.house.gov/hostettler/News/Hostettler-news-2003-07-23-pledge-amendment.htm
- 30 states recognize the unlawful killing of an unborn child as homicide in at least some circumstances. http://www.nrlc.org/Unborn_victims/Statehomicidelaws092302.html
- We the People Act (HR 3893 IH). http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:H.R.3893.IH:108th%20CONGRESS
- Lincoln the Man, Edgar Lee Masters ,(New York: Dodd, Mead and Company, 1931), p. 252
- Testimony Of Douglas W. Kmiec Professor Of Constitutional Law, University Of Notre Dame, before The Subcommittee On The Constitution, Committee Of The Judiciary, U.S. House Of Representatives April 22, 1996 http://www.vanderbilt.edu/SFL/scoperoe.htm
- "Confessions of an Ex-Abortionist" In The Hand of God: A Journey from Death to Life by the Abortion Doctor Who Changed His Mind, Bernard Nathanson, Regenery Publishing, 1997. http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/abortion/ab0005.html
- "Men Have Forgotten God" - The Templeon Address, 1983, Aleksander Solzhenitsyn; translator: A. Klimoff http://www.roca.org/OA/36/36h.htm
- "Southern Baptist Leaders Should Correct Their Course," Rev. Mark H. CreechSeptember 2, 2003, AgapePress http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/9/22003mc.asp "As the World Turns? WORLD Magazine digs itself in, deeper and deeper," Doug Phillips,October 31, 2003, Vision Forum Ministries. http://www.visionforumministries.org/sections/hotcon/ht/interposition/2003-10-31_world_mag.asp
- "The Nightmares of Choice: The Psychological Effects of Performing Abortions," Rachel M. MacNair, September, 2003,Touchstone http://www.touchstonemag.com/archives/article.php?id=16-07-022-f
- "Death By Government," Chapter 2, Definition of Democide, R.J. Rummel "Democide is meant to define the killing by government as the concept of murder does individual killing in domestic society. Here intentionality (premeditation) is critical. This also includes practical intentionality. If a government causes deaths through a reckless and depraved indifference to human life, the deaths were as though intended. If through neglect a mother lets her baby die of malnutrition, this is murder.... Similarly, for example, as the Soviet government forcibly transported political prisoners to labor camps hundreds of thousands of them died at the hands of criminals or guards, or from heat, cold, and inadequate food and water. Although not intended (indeed, this deprived the regime of their labor), the deaths were still public murder. It was democide." http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/DBG.CHAP2.HTM Also, see http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE1.HTM
- "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God," Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758) Enfield, ConnecticutJuly 8, 1741 http://www.ccel.org/e/edwards/sermons/sinners.html
- The Constitution Party http://www.constitutionparty.com/
- Sanctity of Life http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php#Sancity%20of%20Life
- "Separation of God and State?", William J. Federer, October 11, 2003, © 2003 WorldNetDaily.com http://www.towardtradition.org/article_God_In_All_50_States.htm
- "Ameica's Real War," Rabbi Lapin, Multnomah Publishers (December 15, 1998), p. 246. Also, cited Sept. 2, 2000 ,Volume 15, Number 34 WORLD ON THE WEB, Marvin Olasky http://www.gcc.edu/alumni/visionvalues/6_2001/default.htm
- U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division http://www.census.gov/population/www/popclockus.html
- 2004 Election Overview, The Center for Responsive Politics http://www.opensecrets.org/overview/DonorDemographics.asp?cycle=2004 and http://www.census.gov/popest/states/files/SC_EST2004_18+POP_RES.csv
- "Third of Americans Say Evidence Has Supported Darwin's Evolution Theory: Almost half of Americans believe God created humans 10,000 years ago." Frank Newport, November 19, 2004. Gallup Poll On Demandhttp http://www.gallup.com/poll/content/login.aspx?ci=14107
- "Voter Turnout: The numbers prove that 2004 may signal more voter interest." Michael McDonald, Visiting Fellow, Governance Studies, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, November 27, 2004. http://www.brookings.edu/views/op-ed/mcdonald20041127.htm